INTRO TO STANCE
KEY TAKEAWAYS:In this module, Storm discusses what a proper stance looks like and why it is essential to Offensive Line play. Key points of emphasis include:
- The Offensive Lineman’s feet should be shoulder width apart.
- The feet should have a heel-to-toe ratio depending on which side of the ball the Lineman is on.
- The Lineman’s body should be slightly higher than parallel to the ground in order to avoid wasted movement.
- Most of the Lineman’s weight should be on the in-steps of the feet.
- The Lineman’s elbows should be locked tight to the body in order to have a powerful punch.
- In a three point stance, whichever hand is not down should be ready to strike when the ball is snapped.